Project Support for Increasing the Competitiveness of Bulgarian Enterprises (Phase 3)
The aim of the program is to: Increase the competitiveness of the Bulgarian SMEs in the manufacturing sector and prepare them to cope with the competitive pressure in the European Union by promoting the sustainable development of the small and medium sized business with potential for growth, on support for their development on their accession, for example: the application of environmental standards of the EU in the production process requirements for safe and healthy working conditions, introducing a system of governance quality and purposeful investment support to modernize and modernize production technologies.
The project contributes to the implementation of the second Copenhagen criterion “existence of a functioning market economy and capacity to cope with competitive pressure and market forces within the Union” and priorities Chapter 3 – Sector Policy of the National Program for adopting the acquis of the EU in the part , which concerns small and medium-sized enterprises, namely the creation of a national network for their support.
The goals match and the National Program for adopting the acquis of the EU and in particular the strategic objectives and the attainment of which is a condition for accession; i. the existence of a functioning market economy and the ability to cope with the conditions of competition and market forces in the Union, better information and advisory services provided to SMEs and their development as a competitive and stable economic sector by creating an appropriate institutional, administrative and financial environment in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The project also aims at a number of priorities in the Accession Partnership and the National Program for adopting the acquis of the EU , namely:
- Promoting and supporting Bulgarian SMEs;
- Preparation of Bulgarian regions for the implementation of structural policies implemented by the Member States of the EU , by developing strategies and programs for sustainable social and economic development;
- Promoting the introduction of European and international quality standards by supporting the implementation and certification of international quality management systems and by providing training and advice to SMEs.
- Benchmarking of the different aspects of the policy on businesses with member states of the EU and candidate countries will support the introduction of best practices;
- Training and preparation for entrepreneurial skills and information technologies.